OTT Pouch Environmental Policy
Over The Top (OTT) Pouch: www.ott-pouch.com is a school bag that can be unfolded and placed over the back of a chair providing personal storage for each pupil. Pop the pouch on the chair and give them easy, accessible ‘My Space’ for their classroom items right where they are seated. The OTT Pouch provides separate pockets for their daily Books, Stationery, Calculator and a designated net pocket for drinks containers, so pupils can remain hydrated throughout the day without leaving their chair or disrupting the class.
To ensure effective environmental management, the OTT Pouch shall ensure environmental considerations are integrated into all our business processes and decisions to achieve our fundamental commitments to:
- Remain aware of; and as a minimum comply with all applicable environmental legislation, regulations and other requirements to which we subscribe.
- Prevent pollution at source through engineered controls and workforce awareness.
- Continually improve environmental performance and management through achieving annual environmental objectives.
- To achieve our environmental commitments and when setting environmental objectives, the OTT Pouch takes account of developments within the business, changes in legislation and technology. Specifically the OTT Pouch shall:
- Monitor our significant environmental impacts such as consumption of fossil fuels and calculate our annual carbon footprint: http://www.carbontrust.co.uk/solutions/CarbonFootprinting/carbonfootprintindicator.htm
- Minimise transport mileage and plan essential journeys using route planning software.
- Purchase low environmental impact supplies and recycled materials where applicable and use subcontractors with proven environmental credentials.
- Integrate environmental considerations and management into all business processes, decisions and purchases, ensuring activities identify and control transport, energy consumption and waste management. This includes requesting copies of all existing and potential suppliers’ environmental policy before making purchasing decisions.
- Develop the OTT Pouch made from readily biodegradable materials.
- Operate proactive maintenance and a switch off policy of all electrical and electronic equipment when they are not being used.
- Minimise waste at source through planning our activities, ensure remaining waste is reused then recycled where practical and controlled in line with our duty of care responsibilities.
- Ensure adequate resources are made available to implement this policy in full, review our environmental management annually or in the event of significant change to the business or environmental legislation.